Home of Freeze Dried Chestnut and Freeze Dried Fruit Products
‘Country Treats Chestnut Products are prepared from chestnuts grown and hand harvested on a spray-free farmlet overlooking Lake Horowhenua in the lower North Island of New Zealand. ‘
Country Treats Chestnut Products are prepared from chestnuts grown and hand harvested on a spray-free farmlet overlooking Lake Horowhenua in the lower North Island of New Zealand.
The Chestnut products include Chestnut Flour, Chestnut Crumb and Chestnut Slices, which are all milled on site.
These healthy Chestnut Products are ideal for baking, cooking, toppings, dips or salads. Including; fruit/nut bars, breads, slices, cakes, muffins, cup-cakes, biscuits through to casseroles, stews, stir-frys and soups.
Chestnut Products are all natural, extremely healthy and very versatile.
- 100% New Zealand Chestnuts
- All Natural, Gluten and Wheat free
- Sweet Nutty Flavour
- Low in fat, cholesterol, sodium and lactose
- Fresh or Freeze Dried
- High in Carbohydrates
- Quality Protein
- No Additives or Colourings
The process of taking the raw Chestnut through to the final Freeze Dried Chestnut products ready for sale is: The Chestnuts fall from the trees.
- The Chestnuts are harvested daily using a hand held ‘Nut Harvester’.
- The Chestnuts are then sorted and graded.
- They are weighed and washed.
- They are placed into a chiller or freezer, depending on the end use.
- When required the Chestnuts are placed into our Freeze Drier, and over a 24 hour period they are dried.
- The Chestnuts are removed from the Freeze Drier and the shells are removed.
- The Chestnuts can then be stored in airtight containers or placed into our Pin Mill for the production of Chestnut Flour or Chestnut Crumb.
- The product is then weight and placed into vacuum packed stand up pouches, sealed and labelled ready for sale.
It is worth noting that it takes 3kgs of raw Chestnuts to make 1kg of Freeze Dried Chestnuts.
Freeze Dried Fruit
Country Treats recommends that once any freeze dried product is opened that it is stored in a freezer to prolong its crispness and shelf life.
By utilising both the freeze drier and premises further, Country Treats, is able to bring it’s range of freeze dried “Extreme Fruit Treats” and “Extreme Fruit Powder” to our customers.
Both of these products are made entirely of 100% freeze dried fruit and are packaged in re-sealable stand up pouches.
The “Extreme Fruit Treats” range of products are for those that want to eat on the go, children’s lunches, trampers, runners, bikers etc.
The “Extreme Fruit Powder” range of products are for those that are after a great tasting healthy drink, milk shake or smoothie, or for adding flavour to your yoghurt, cream, icings etc.
Where ever possible Country Treats sources the fruit direct from the orchard, but this is not always possible.
Get In Touch!
021 502 366